My new to me free incubator, I hope I can hatch chicks in this kind.

willowcol

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Macclesfield NC
My husband has a friend who was doing work on the Sara Lee plant in town. They were throwing out some industrial incubators and he got me one. It was so sweet Last sat. morning my husband got a call from him to come to his house. When he came home he was smiling so big and he said "you are going to love Bill now. He took me outside and this was on his truck. They had 4 they were throwing in the trash, I wish he had called I would have told him to take all 4 not just 1.

16913_gedc0400.jpg

16913_gedc0403.jpg

Its called a Gallenkamp plus incubator, its not for hatching eggs but I am hoping it will work. I can't find really any information about them, but it does have a fan and it draws in air and has a hole in the top for air to get out. I have had it plugged in for 24 hours and its holding temps really good. It has a clear door inside the main door so heat doesn't get out if I want to peak inside. Its really big, as tall as my couch. Anyone ever use a indust. incubator. It should work right?

Wish I could, you can't even get into the parking lot at the Sara Lee plant without permission. He was doing electrial work that day and I was very lucky. Do you think it will work to hatch eggs in, do you know what they are really used for? I can't figure out what Sara Lee needed them for, I mean they make cakes?

Did they use it for incubating yeast?

People use modified refrigerators, so if it holds a temp. it should work!

Good luck!
fl.gif

Oh, I think that should totally work. Get a hygrometer and play around with containers of water to get the humidity right. If you want to you can also get some automatic egg turners to put in. It's not necessary, but it would be nice!

You totally lucked out, that was a great find.
big_smile.png
Your DH should get major Big Dividends for that one.

Back
Top Bottom