My new toy...wheeee!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ninjapoodles, Oct 14, 2008.

1. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    This post is great!!! I've seen and heard about the Kindle...just didn't pay much attention.

Sounds like something dh would just absolutely adore having.

Mrs Claus may have just figured out her gift for dh ;-)

2. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:Maybe they will come down a little more on the price of it as a Christmas promotion. If you buy books at ALL, the thing will pay for itself eventually. If you strictly borrow from the library, it may not make much sense. For me, it has HUGE potential in reducing clutter. The other huge bonus, for me, is how nice it is for reading in bed--much less awkward than trying to hold a book open comfortably while lying down.

One thing that I think people are not aware of: The Kindle is NOT backlit. You must have an independent light source to read on it, just like with a regular book. It is NOT a computer or a monitor.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh..this is right up my alley!..DANG!!..to bad i already hit mom up for x-mas present, i would have chose this instead...[​IMG]....how do you pay for the books?..debit card #..or what?...or do they bill you?..i'm really interested in this..thanks, Wendy

4. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:You have to have an Amazon account with "One-Click" enabled. The purchasing process literally takes seconds. You enter a title or author in the search field, OR just browse in whatever category you like, select something, and you can read reviews, get a free sample (usually the first chapter), or buy it. It downloads instantly to the device, and Amazon debits the card you have on file with them.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    thanks ninja!..i need this now!...[​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Looks like it could be fun, but it's not in my budget.

7. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:Not in mine, either, in a million years. I lucked out getting it as a gift--I still can't believe it.

8. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    I eat when i read my books while im snuggled up in my big chair.Now if i spilled food or drink on that oh boy.....

9. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:This has occurred to me, as well! But the thing is so light and compact, it's actually much easier to get it out of your way than a book. No mishaps so far! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: