My Newest Baby

FeatherWoman

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2021
Pahrump, Nevada
So I bought this little one at a local feed store. It was being sold on consignment so all they could tell me is the approximate age, which they said was 2-3 months. I am going to patiently wait to see the gender if and when it lays in the spring, but I am really curious a to what the breed might be. I am assuming it is a cross and would love to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks!
IMG_123.JPG

IMG_124.JPG

IMG_126.JPG

IMG_127.JPG

Awww cute but scared little sweetpea! They’ll get more used to all of you with lots treats and socialization.

They’re only starting to feather out so I’d say they’re 4/5 weeks old, I can’t say what breed but it looks like they’re going to be grey and white so maybe a Pomeranian, maybe a pilgrim, or just a mix breed with dilute and spotting genes.

They might be a bit older, I just noticed lines in the feathers which could just the lighting or could be from nutritional deficiencies which could also slow growth, do you know what they were feeding the goose at the feed store?

no I don't but it's feet were real dry and cracked when I got it. I have had them for about two weeks now and her or it's feet are completely healed up. I have them on a mix of chick started crumbles and all flock pellets.

Oh her feathers look like someone took a crimping iron to them lol
Yeah those are stress bars, which is from malnutrition, my guess is they weren’t feeding them right at the feed store, which doesn’t surprise me, I don’t have many good things to say about feed stores. 😑

If you can get rooster booster poultry cell or some sort of vitamin electrolyte mix for them I’d add some every few days to their water just to boost their reserves, from my own expierience with a goose that ended up with stress bars after self induced partial starvation after he lost his brother, other health problems can emerge later so it may need to be something you have to watch for unfortunatly.

The good thing is that the gosling is still growing, so their regenerative abilities are sometimes a lot better than an adult by comparison. Goslings get stress bars more easily than adults because their metabolism is all over the place as they’re growing, they’ll even get them sometimes even with a good feed, but they’re usually more subtle.

Yeah and to make matters worse is this is a mom and pop not a chain store. These goslings were being sold on consignment so who knows who the original owner was and what conditions they came from. They are spoiled rotten geese now! LOL! My birds are all pets. 16 chickens, 16 ducks and 3 geese. They all have names and I can tell them all apart! :)

Yeah and to make matters worse is this is a mom and pop not a chain store. These goslings were being sold on consignment so who knows who the original owner was and what conditions they came from. They are spoiled rotten geese now! LOL! My birds are all pets. 16 chickens, 16 ducks and 3 geese. They all have names and I can tell them all apart! :)
Sounds like he/she is in the best home now❤️

Back
Top Bottom