My newest editions

JackieK318

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Missouri
I lent one of my farm friend my guineahen to catch her guineacock. Well, no luck on catching her guy - she thinks a fox got him.
sad.png
Today she brings back my hen and a pair her daughter picked up for me at the swap! I'm so excited! They're quarantined right now (always ALWAYS ALWAYS quarantine new birds and check for illness and mites). I'll get to really spend some time with them this weekend.

My hen, on a good note, put herself in the coop tonight like she'd never been gone. What a good girl!

They're so big it almost scares me to get near them as I'm not sure how human friendly they are yet. I put food and water out for them and called them, but they didn't come. They just looked at me and made what I call their "video game noises". They were roosting on the recycle bin all night, so I know their eco-friendly...
roll.png
Now I just have to wipe the poop off of the rinsed recyclables!

Ginnies scare me also,and they like to fly into the trees and not come down,EVER!Lol,yes always quarintene.How long before you stop and add to your flock?How far away do you keep them?Just asking fyi and mine!
smile.png

I'm going to keep them locked up for a month. I have them in the garage, but am going to let them out in a run in the front yard in the evenings. They kept banging their heads on the cage my friend brought them in, so I worry about them being in the run all day. The garage is about 20 feet from the closest point the flock comes to. I might dust the guineas for good measure.

Last edited:
My guineas are 16 weeks, so these guys are huge in comparison. They're probably not that large. DH went down to the garage and said, "Are you sure they're not turkeys?"

Back
Top Bottom