MY OH MY- FIRST EGG!! What do I do!!??!!

And then this is what the whites and yokes looked like!! To my BIG surprise the second egg was A DOUBLE YOKER!! I don't even think its that uncommon but I was so excited :))
(some random questions- is it safe to eat the very fist eggs or are there any reasons why you should wait? Since I was happy just basking in the joy of having eggs I didn't end up eating them- my personal anxiety of "what ifs", but maybe I am just crazy lol 😂. They are healthy chickens and the yokes looked nice and rich!- Very proud of those hens!
Do you have a rooster? I may be crazy but they looked like fertilized eggs. Of course you can eat them. I never brooded chicks.

Do you have a rooster? I may be crazy but they looked like fertilized eggs. Of course you can eat them. I never brooded chicks.
Oh my goodness- I hope they’re not fertilized! That would be exciting but a little crazier then I’m ready for right now… We had 6 chicks we raised and one turned out to be a rooster- since we could keep him we had to give him to a farm a little bits away- he was nine weeks when we dropped him off and so we’re all the hens… they are now about 18 weeks. As a newbie is fertilization possible if it was that far away? 😅

How old is she in weeks? 18 weeks is early but normal, 20 weeks is the early end of average.

What are you feeding now?

I'm in the all-flock plus oystershell camp because I have a mixed flock of different ages, have roosters, and thought about the fact that I was paying the price of feed for the calcium, which is dirt-cheap in 50# bags. :D

POL pullets often seem to be restless and confused by what's going on with their bodies.

How about a photo of the egg?
Oh- she was 14 weeks when we got the first egg! That was why I was so surprised!

Back
Top Bottom