My one gosling is beeing bullied

Magriet

Songster
Oct 10, 2020
Pretoria, South Africa
One of my goslings are beiing bullied, even by the goose. It is thr grey one. The others are mostly white with some grey feathers.

When I put out feed they initially keeps him away by pecking at him. Iam worried that he does not get enough. They are not tame enough for me to seperate him to give him a chance.
20211230_161803.jpg
20211230_161808.jpg

Than you, we have started doing it. We will see how it goes as we also have a problem of birds eating their food. We are going to try and just scatter it over a wide are and see if that helps. To be honest I am sick from worry about my Swart Babatjie (black baby as we call him) He used to be the biggest and now he is the smallest.

Is your grey goose the same age as the others? If he’s smaller than the others it could be do to an underlying illness or nutritional issue which will make him more prone to being bullied.

What feed do you give them?

Thank you, he is the same age. He is smaller but he looks quite healthy. Today I actually eat the duck pellets we feed them and the others did not bother him. The vet says the duck pellets are fine. We also feed them some kale and sprouted corn.

I will keep looking at him, but it may be that I am paranoid as usual. We do put out the food further apart and that seems to help.

Back
Top Bottom