My other mystery chick

Redhead Hen

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Rising Sun, Maryland
This little chick I thought hatched out of a Buff Orp egg. But it is small ... way smaller than my 2 Buff Orp Chicks who are the same age. It is about the same size as my month old bantams. I am not sure what this chick could be. Can anyone take a guess? It's a month old in the following pics.

27994_dsc02172.jpg

27994_dsc02173.jpg

Here is a good shot of the feathering on it's wings.
27994_dsc02176.jpg

Thanks for looking!
smile.png

Thanks. I'm really leaning on a runty Buff Orp. It is literally 1/2 the size of my other 2 Buff Orp chicks the same age. And the feathers on it's wings are throwing off. Not the color but the shape of the feathers. They are not like normal feathers. It's like they are broken or something, but they are not. Kinda hard to explain. Haha!

Along with the other chicks in my order, I got 3 BO's this spring (mid-March), and it's kind of funny, they look like small-medium-large. Been that way from the beginning. And the smallest one is really, really smaller than the other two - we call him Chicklet. I've been wondering if they will eventually even out or if they're just destined to remain that way. Watching all of the chicks grow and change, all the learning and guessing, has been so much fun. I'm lovin' it!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom