my own dog is the predator :(

I appreciate that you are upset and rightfully so but I was offering information as a professional animal behaviorist with the information you gave. I have worked with many "problem" dogs mainly referred by veterinarians as the dog trainers were unsuccessful. I honestly was not trying to make you feel bad--just giving options for you to think about. If you are unable to try different training techniques--and yes it would take a lot of time since the dog has already killed--then I recommended finding a suitable home for your dog. Never did I (or would I) refer to you as a bad trainer. To lose your chickens is a very sad thing and I can understand you being upset. I apologize if my intentions were misunderstood.
th.gif

I agree with Ruth. My GSD killed several chickens when I first got them, but with deligent training and desensitizing, she now helps me herd the chickens. She is left alone with them all day, and she realizes her job is to protect them. Most GSDs are very smart and will "get it" if you stick with her.

Back
Top Bottom