My pair!!!

howfunkyisurchicken

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Tn
I've had my hen for about a year now. Last spring my neighbor had a huge clutch of turkey eggs hatch. I went down to have a look so we could fuss over how cute they were. She had 4 eggs left in the nest that hadn't hatched, so we removed them to keep the nest clean. Out of shear curiosity I got a nail and carefully opened the eggs to see how many had even developed. 3 of those eggs were rotten, the last one had a very tired looking poult inside. Mrs. Gobbles came home with me that day :) I just got Mr. Gobbles a few days ago. I was visiting another fowl loving friend, and she had these 2 toms that were just going at it! One of them just happened to be a perfect match to my little hen (who's a mixed breed). I'm guessing he is too, but I don't care. They are so perfect for each other. She was getting ready to deep fry him, so I offered her $30, and brought him home! Mrs. Gobbles was excited about having a friend for about 2 seconds, now she could care less. But he's been doing his darnedest to woo her anyway. Here they are, Mr.&Mrs. Gobbles
photobucket-3307-1331296852363.jpg

I just LOVE them!

What a gorgeous pair! I'll bet Mrs Gobbles has a special place in your heart since you rescued her...

wow, that hen looks like she could be the twin of my little girl (also mixed breed)! Do you know what type of mix she is.. which breeds?? Also, any way you could post another picture of her? I can upload a pic of mine later today if you like!! She has the same feathering, and it even looks like they might have similar heads.. mine has a black beak and her ears are particularly dark, with a dark stripe running down her head! I swear, from this photo they could be twins :)
GORGEOUS pair btw.. they really look BEAUTIFUL together!! I wish I could have found a tom like that for her! The only thing I could find at the time was a Royal Palm... i'm thinking it might be a pretty mix though for poults!

Her mom is a Black Spanish and her dad is a Bourbon Red x Royal Palm. They used to belong to me as well. I'll go out in a bit and get a decent picture of her :D

Back
Top Bottom