My pal Hansel

Discussion in 'Geese' started by hippichick, Aug 11, 2010.

1. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Just wanted to post a few pics of my best pal out at the barn-Hansel. Hansel and Gretel are my Sebbies and are 4 months old this week. I got them from Dorothy back in April, and I have to say, they are the most personable birds I have ever owned. Wherever we are out in the yard, here comes Hansel with Gretel tagging along right behind. Sometimes they come running with wings spread out what seems like 6 feet wide, making the biggest racket. Kinda scary if you don't know they're just coming to say "hi". They "talk" to me constantly-especially Hansel, when I'm on the phone trying to have a conversation. He thinks I'm talking to him. I've just noticed that I've got way more pics of Hansel than Gretel. Guess it's because he's always in my face. Anyway, just thought I'd share, and say that if anyone is on the fence about getting Sebbies, I say jump. They're awesome birds, and definitely make my time at the barn a whole lot more fun! [​IMG]

Nosey Hansel
    [​IMG]

Hansel in the barn
    [​IMG]

Hansel keeping Diego in line
    [​IMG]

Hansel and Gretel at 2 months old
    [​IMG]

2. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    Wonderful, beautiful geese!
    Thank you for sharing your pictures.
    Keeping the horse in line!
    [​IMG]

Beth

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Beautiful bird, and a nice set up for your chickens.

4. smileysal

smileysal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    They're beautiful![​IMG]
    Know exactly what you mean about the phone, Jack , our Chinese is exactly the same!!! [​IMG]

5. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Thanks for the compliments, guys! I felt bad about having all these pics of Hansel, and not many of Gretel. So I took a few pics of them bathing this afternoon. They've got a pond, but just go nuts when they see me changing the water in their kiddie pool. It's their favorite time of the day. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    THey look so sweet !!! I want some !!! Hmmm, wonder how to broach this subject with the hubby. He shot me down real fast when I said I wanted pigs. Wonder if I can get him to go for geese? Maybe Ill have him call you later, Paula, and you can sing their praises? Kinda convince him that we really NEED a couple of geese? [​IMG]

7. nyksducks

nyksducks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    essex england
    lovely pics and even better names!!! ive just lost my hansel, gretel is slowly getting over it, but is still calling for him.

nykxx

8. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Beautiful geese....I really like them, their coloring is so nice.

9. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Thanks! Joy, tell Dwain you really need a pair of these. Tell him they'll guard your Orps. Seriously, the racket they make when something strange is around is enough to send anyone running. They're just so cool, though. I had a pig. My geese are much more fun. And Hansel is like my shadow when I'm at the barn. He follows me everywhere.

Nyks, is your Gretel a Sebastopol. So sorry you lost your Hansel. I know I'd just be sick if anything happened to my boy.

D'Angelo, I love their coloring too. I had originally ordered all whites, but changed my mind at the last minute. I'm glad I did. I just love his coloring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by