My Peachicks Of 2014 *** Will Have Lots Of Pictures ***

The peafowl eggs I got from Johnskoi started to hatch
highfive.gif
and here are the first two chicks.
celebrate.gif
I will post more pictures tonight, chick 1 has white flights.
frow.gif

Chick 1:

Chick 2:

Congrats, I cant wait until mine start laying.

Hi Zaz!

Just wanted you to know that my peahen hatched 3 our of 4 eggs. The chicks are so small; can you tell me how long it takes before they will be roosting in the trees with the other adult peas. I know

it is dangerous for the chicks to be on the ground at night. The other peahen lost her nest and was attacked, suffering a head wound, although, she seems to be healthy and alert. That was

her second nest lost to predators this year because she decided to fly over the eight foot fence to nest in the unprotected wooded area where there are lots of coyotes, raccoons, and Opossums.

I hope the baby chicks will be able to roost in the trees soon, possums have managed to crawl right through the 3 inch fence opening and kill several of my chickens and guineas. will send you

pictures as soon as I upload them.

Hi Zaz!

Just wanted you to know that my peahen hatched 3 our of 4 eggs. The chicks are so small; can you tell me how long it takes before they will be roosting in the trees with the other adult peas. I know

it is dangerous for the chicks to be on the ground at night. The other peahen lost her nest and was attacked, suffering a head wound, although, she seems to be healthy and alert. That was

her second nest lost to predators this year because she decided to fly over the eight foot fence to nest in the unprotected wooded area where there are lots of coyotes, raccoons, and Opossums.

I hope the baby chicks will be able to roost in the trees soon, possums have managed to crawl right through the 3 inch fence opening and kill several of my chickens and guineas. will send you

pictures as soon as I upload them.
I left 2 chicks with one of my peahens and they hatched on July the 4th and tonight they made it to the top of the 6 foot chain link brooder so 4 days is all it took for these to make it 6 feet up, however they may have used a few things to hop up on to get there, i will watch them tomorrow and report back.
Biggest problem i see with wee peas being with mom is they get separated pretty often or follow the wrong white hen, but with all the dogs around i do not worry about them since mom still stays pretty close to the brooders and barn.

Can't wait to see the photos of the babies and mom
pop.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom