My Peacock Experiment

AMontey

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2017
Northern California
IMG_0720.JPG IMG_0719.JPG
Hello I am new to BYC and to raising peachicks... these are my first four and are supposed to be two whites and two purples. I've been told the white ones won't be able to be sexed until they're about 6 months old, but some other thread talked about bars or stripes that can help sex the other colors.

I've done some research, and I feel pretty comfortable keeping them alive for the most part. I look forward though to talking with others who obviously have much more experience with these birds than I do...

Thanks..!

Hello I am new to BYC and to raising peachicks... these are my first four and are supposed to be two whites and two purples. I've been told the white ones won't be able to be sexed until they're about 6 months old, but some other thread talked about bars or stripes that can help sex the other colors.

I've done some research, and I feel pretty comfortable keeping them alive for the most part. I look forward though to talking with others who obviously have much more experience with these birds than I do...

Thanks..!
Welcome to BYC and congrats on the chicks, they're cute! :love

IMG_0723.JPG
The peeps this morning... can't tell the purples apart, which made me wonder, at what age do you leg band..? Are there bands like dog tags that can let someone know where to call if found..? I've read the article on banding but didn't really go into how leg grows into band, age to band etc...

Attachments

• IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 34

Back
Top Bottom