my peacock had 41 train feathers pulled out will he still breed?

Hey deerman hows it going?

Some one said you sold off your entire flock of peafowl. is that true?

Praying for you!

Sold most, but still have some to move.

9 breeder peacocks, about 15 breeder peahens and 20 peachicks.

2 Charcoal peacocks ,one spalding other white eye
1 white peacock either a peach or split peach
1 purple pied peacock
1 silver pied peacock split peach
1 spalding (50%) split charcoal
1 blackshoulder pied white eye peacock
1 bronze peacock

Hens in white,silver pied bs, purple bs, bs pieds, white eye,spalding split charcoal,bronze, pied,silver pied.

Yes plan on selling all, incubators, also.

I didn't know you have spaldings deerman, I also didn't know you are still going to sell them all.
sad.png

oh the splading i have , was to put more green blood into the charcoal...as a spalding charcoal hen had been known to lay eggs.

Charcoal hens don't lay.....thats what i was working on, i did hatch a spalding charcoal hen(50%) but gave her away with all my charcoal hens.

Yes I keep thinking about keeping some , then other days I know I should get rid of all of them.

Hard to hatch these birds then wait 3 yrs to see what they will look like........not that i'm giving up .....but fighting this disease 3 yrs really look like a very long time.

Last edited:
Yep that is why I decided I just didn't want to start with a yearling male...Alto was cute, but I quickly wanted that eye candy of seeing a three year old peacock with a long pretty train. Waiting for Alto to grow up is just very slow...But I really can't wait for the day he is an adult!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom