1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My peeps are here!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by akpeeps, Jul 28, 2010.

1. akpeeps

akpeeps Songster

Aug 25, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Got the call bright and early at 6:30 this morning. Fifteen lively, peeping chicks from MPC, 8 Speckled Sussex and 7 EE's.
    I ordered 10 chicks two weeks ago from MPC and they all died during shipping, got too cold. We're barely breaking 60 degrees here and lots of rain. I was on pins and needles this time waiting for the PO to call. They shipped them with a heating element this time and all is well. [​IMG]

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] congrats on the chicks, hope all goes well. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Superb! We gotta have pics soon, we all want to drool over your new babies!

[​IMG]

5. akpeeps

akpeeps Songster

Aug 25, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Thanks all! I was so worried after the last shipment. They're all eating and drinking just fine. I'm going to pick up a few toys to put in with them to keep them busy. I didn't realize how much much I missed all the peeping the babies do. [​IMG]

On a side note, I picked up my other new addition on Monday. Took a drive down south to Sterling, AK to pick up a BBS Orpington cockeral from Mrs AK Bird Brain (Tory). Merlin is about 7 wks old and making himself right at home. I'm spoiling him rotten of course. Looks a little like a Velociraptor at this point though. [​IMG] Man has he got a sent of drum sticks on him. He's gonna be big.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: