my pekin duck behavior

myah_jones11

Hatching
Dec 5, 2020
so i know i’m on a chicken thread but i have a 4 months old pekin female and i know her courtship ritual is the head bobbing and chirp like quack. but every time i go out to see her she lays her entire body, neck and head flat on the ground, starts spreading her wings and starts chirping. is this like a defense mechanism? is she about to start laying eggs? or is she just scared of me haha

so i know i’m on a chicken thread but i have a 4 months old pekin female and i know her courtship ritual is the head bobbing and chirp like quack. but every time i go out to see her she lays her entire body, neck and head flat on the ground, starts spreading her wings and starts chirping. is this like a defense mechanism? is she about to start laying eggs? or is she just scared of me haha
members.jpg

I have been rescuing ducks for 22 years this means she really wants to mate,when they do that it keeps them from getting hurt

I'm curious if you have other female ducks?

Back
Top Bottom