my pekin duck behavior

myah_jones11

Hatching
Dec 5, 2020
so i know i’m on a chicken thread but i have a 4 months old pekin female and i know her courtship ritual is the head bobbing and chirp like quack. but every time i go out to see her she lays her entire body, neck and head flat on the ground, starts spreading her wings and starts chirping. is this like a defense mechanism? is she about to start laying eggs? or is she just scared of me haha

so i know i’m on a chicken thread but i have a 4 months old pekin female and i know her courtship ritual is the head bobbing and chirp like quack. but every time i go out to see her she lays her entire body, neck and head flat on the ground, starts spreading her wings and starts chirping. is this like a defense mechanism? is she about to start laying eggs? or is she just scared of me haha
I have been rescuing ducks for 22 years this means she really wants to mate,when they do that it keeps them from getting hurt

members.jpg

Back
Top Bottom