My pekin laid her first egg and I have some concerns!

Kenny805

In the Brooder
Sep 18, 2020
California
So I’m new here and new to having ducks. It started as a spontaneous quarantine “activity” and has pretty much taken over my life. I have two Pekin ducks that were due to start laying eggs soon and today I went to clean their house and discovered our first egg! It seemed to be a good first egg from what I could tell as it had a hard shell. I wasn’t sure which one of my girls had laid the egg at first, and while I’m not 100% sure I think it was miss Lily. The only reason I’m thinking this is because her vent seemed to be stretched which I’m assuming is normal, but what concerns me is that she’s had a nearly constant milky/clearish discharge coming from her vent all day. I’ve been looking online for hours and haven’t found anything similar so I’ve decided to post here! I just want to know that she’s healthy and not in any pain and if I should be concerned so if anybody has ANY input I would very much appreciate hearing from you! Please help 🥺

:welcome We are new to first time duck egg layers ourselves, sorry I can't help you with your question, @Isaac 0 is most qualified for these types of questions. :)

I have seen our hens flatten out on the ground for our young Drakes who pass by and have noticed a small about of whitish discharged and thought that might be normal mating juices. :confused:

:welcome We are new to first time duck egg layers ourselves, sorry I can't help you with your question, @Isaac 0 is most qualified for these types of questions. :)

I have seen our hens flatten out on the ground for our young Drakes who pass by and have noticed a small about of whitish discharged and thought that might be normal mating juices. :confused:
Thanks for the response! I’m crossing my fingers that’s it’s normal I just couldn’t find anything online and my mind pretty much went to every worst case scenario 😬 I’m probably just being a helicopter duck mom

Back
Top Bottom