My Pet Chicken. com.... Reliable??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by mads+summer829, Apr 2, 2018.

1. mads+summer829

mads+summer829 In the Brooder

Apr 2, 2018
    Bryn Mawr, PA
    So I already ordered the pullets, they will come April 17th. I ordered them from mypetchicken.com out of desperation because NOBODY sold the pullets I wanted near me an anyone who did could not ship and were too far away. So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone has bought chickens from this hatchery and what was your experience. I spent a lot of money on these birds and I don't want to be disappointed!

2. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Absolutely! And customer service is excellent. Folks will chime in here and say they are just a drop shipment place for Meyers. Fact is they do get chicks from other hatcheries to help fill orders, but they also have their own breeding and hatching program as well.

Bobby Basham and mads+summer829 like this.
  3. mads+summer829

mads+summer829 In the Brooder

Apr 2, 2018
    Bryn Mawr, PA
    Awesome thank you so much! That made my day!

4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    You are so welcome! And welcome to BYC! So glad to have you here!

mads+summer829 likes this.
  5. Justso

Justso Songster

Apr 30, 2015
    Chicagoland DuPage Co
    Welcome! I've not ordered but my next door neighbor has gotten nearly all of hers from them. I have to say I'm very impressed with the result. Enjoy!!!

mads+summer829 likes this.
  6. Bobby Basham

Bobby Basham Crowing

Jul 20, 2012
    Tucson, Arizona
    I like MyPetChicken, and ordered a dozen chicks from them back in mid-November, but was rather disappointed in what I got, but would order from them again...

3 Rhode Island Reds = 2 ROOS
    3 Austra-Whiltes = 1 ROO (questionable)
    3 Barred Rocks = Okay
    3 Black Australorps = 1 ROO

They won't refund me for the roos since it's past their 18-week period, but they will give me four free chicks on my next order.

Things happen, and I would prefer a small number of hens anyway. I ordered extras thinking some wouldn't survive the shipping, but they're all still going strong, spoiled and greedy as hell.

Oh, no complaints on their customer service. They were friendly and completely understanding about my situation.

Anybody want some FREE ROOS in the Arizona area? I've called the Humane Society several times, left voice messages and even emailed them. I know they've been in the process of moving to their new facility, but haven't heard a word from them in over two weeks. That's not acceptable.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  7. Ruralhideaway

Ruralhideaway Crowing

Sep 21, 2017
    Upstate NY
    I ordered 15 from them. All arrived safe in quite raw fall weather. Perfect sexing accuracy.

My Easter Eggers are a bit squirrelly. Everyone else has amazing temperaments, much better than I could have hoped for.

Breed characteristics are well represented, no glaring uglies. My blue cochins are really pretty.

8. Cayuga momma

Cayuga momma Broken crayons still color

Mar 13, 2018
    Western NY
    @mads+summer829
    I would like to know how your order turned out. My order should be here on Tuesday 24th.

9. Bobby Basham

Bobby Basham Crowing

Jul 20, 2012
    Tucson, Arizona
    I'm glad you mentioned that they have their own breeding and hatching program. They do mention about "their breeders" quite a bit. A lot of folks aren't aware of that.

10. Mrs.SWhite89

Mrs.SWhite89 Chirping

Jan 25, 2018
    I just ordered golden laced wyandotte's from them.....12 girls and 2 boys. Asked them to rooster band the boys and it was no issue to do so. They ship the 30th and I just can't wait! Lol.

Bobby Basham likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: