My Pet Chicken for fertlized eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NCchicken, Oct 15, 2010.

1. NCchicken

NCchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Has anybody purchased fertlized eggs from My Pet Chicken before? I'm not looking for a show bird or anything, just a nice chicken perhaps an unusually looking one to add to my urban backyard flock? Where does everyone else get their fertlized eggs from online? I have looked here on BYC and didn't quite see any that I would want. I already have two silkies and one Americauna mix. Also, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable going to a bidding website for eggs either. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions??? [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Well, I'm buying eggs from BYC members AND bidding on-line at eBay. I've have pretty darned good luck with eBay sellers so far; I look for sellers who have sold a LOT, or are associated with (what appears to be) good breeding stock due to the lines of breeds mentioned by the seller(s). I could be wrong, and I might get burned some day.

I prefer BYC, though.

I've also been lucky looking at the profiles of posters, or the signature lines, watching for those which mention breeding lines, or breed availability, and I just PM 'em to ask if they have any eggs to sell.

3. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    There's nothing wrong with buying eggs from MyPetChicken the only problem is the shipping its like 60 something for first class.... Ebay you can but its the draw of the luck when it comes to choosing which buyer you buy from. Ive had some good experiences and bad. Mostly good but you have to make sure that they buyer has a good history and feedback on Ebay...

I haven't had a good experience on here but that was just one buyer though.. It depends you can get hatching eggs from other hatchery sites not just MyPetChicken... [​IMG] hope that helps

4. NCchicken

NCchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Thank you all for your input, opinions and honesty. It is much appreciated!!! [​IMG] When I "pretended" to buy some eggs from Mypetchicken and it calculated the shipping it was only $19.78 and that was for 12 eggs. I didn't think that was awful but yes more expensive than say Ebay. I will have to try ebay and use your tips on looking at feedback and such. Thanks again!!!

5. iowachks

iowachks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    I bought fertilized eggs from MyPetChicken and they're hatching right now! I bought 12, of their best standard assortments, and they sent me 14 eggs. Great variety- black copper marans, easter eggers, australorps, blue hamburgs, wheaten pendesenca, blue copper marans, anconas, and golden penciled hamburgs! So far I have a black copper maran and australorp hatched, and a blue hamburg pipped. I'll let you know how the hatch finishes...but I love MyPetChicken! Sue is awesome to talk to and they welcome questions.

Hope that helps!

6. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

I have bought from MPC as well.. Very friendly folks. I WILL buy from them again.

7. chixinthecity

chixinthecity New Egg

Jun 11, 2010
    St. Louis, Missouri
    I too have 8 in the incubator as I type. They'll be 7 days tomorrow...CANDELING TIME:celebrate!!! Cannot wait! I ordered 6 and they sent 8. They were very well packed. I bought chicks from them as well and have had no problems. I had one chic die 24 hours after shipping and they refunded me the next day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by