My Pet Chicken hatchery is the BEST!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Magic Birdie, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    they...
    let you order as few as three chicks
    have a fair amount of orderable chickens
    sells juveniles
    are really nice
    do not kill male chicks, they auction them off
    are the hatchery I ordered from (even though I could not keep the chickees)

www.mypetchicken.com

2. chipmunkridge

chipmunkridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    I think that I'm ordering from them. I have a lonely golden sebright rooster, a lonely cochin rooster and I could get the boys some ladies. In all my chicken adventures I've always ended up with lone roosters. Right at this minute I have 9 chickens, 7 roosters and 2 hens.

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I ordered about 12 from them a few years ago and still have 2 Frizzles left from them. All 10 Silkies I got from them died in the first few months and one of the Frizzles died so I haven't ordered from them again but those 2 Frizzles still here are really nice.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hate to burst your love bubble with MPC but they are nothing more than a middle-man between a hatchery and the person who only wants to order a few birds.

No, they don't kill off the excess roos, but I'm sure the hatchery they order from (used to be Meyer and probably still is) does....or at the very least sells them as a fry-pan special.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Still is Meyer - you even see a MPC sign stuck to a metal shipping shelf in the Meyer's video on their site. And I've always received my chicks from Polk, OH, which is where Meyers is located. That being said, I've ordered from MPC twice and been very satisfied. I did end up with a male "sexed pullet" silkie, but they're very upfront about sexing being an art - not a science. I would (and probably will next spring) order from them again. [​IMG]

6. fluffandpuffchicks

fluffandpuffchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I lik murray mcmurray. gives the rite kind of chicken rite gender and dont kill roos

7. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    I love and adore my girls here they are.
    [​IMG]
    this is our cuckoo marans from them( cuckoo burrah)
    [​IMG]
    just home from the Post office
    [​IMG]
    this is our buff orpington( blonde) and our Black Australorp ( mrs. nezbit)

8. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    Had one out of 18 be a roo my welsummer.

9. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    I've ordered from them 2x. First order was a hodge podge of assorted checks that I've been wanting, second was the 25 chick special for $50.

I do recommend them because of the low order minimum. I only had 1 problem with the first order where all my Danvers died, so there may have been a problem with the breed since all the other chicks that arrived with them were fine. I was promptly refunded, as well.

10. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    I agree!!! LOVE mypetchicken.com ALSO!!!!!!

***They also have Ameracauna eggs.........which no other hatchery has! Been very satisified with all of my purchases. I was sad when I received my last package because 3 of 12 chicks were dead, though. I ordered 2 EE and 4 NN, and golly if 1 EE and 2 NN were dead. VERY SAD. BUT, they did give me a credit. Would have rather had replacements, but I understand. Just to ship the chicks was $50, so replacements wouldn't be feasible in their eyes (especially if they had to pay the shipping).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by