My Pet Chicken is taking 2012 orders!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Dec 1, 2011.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Didn't know if you all knew that My Pet Chicken is taking orders for baby chicks for the 2012 season. I got my order in this morning. Got to get in early to be able to get some of those super popular breeds and/or some of the rare breeds. My chicks will ship the week of April 2.

Woo-hoo. Babies this spring. All that sweet cute peeping and stuff. [​IMG]

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    I did mine today as well [​IMG] mine will ship April 16. [​IMG]

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I got mine September 27 but it was in 2011. Good luck on ya'lls order's. [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I've gotten emails from several hatcheries [​IMG] Oh to be able to have more little babies chirping in the brooder but I've currently got several 12 week olds in there while I try to clean up the worm and respiratory mess out in the barn. I've never had this much trouble before with chickens. I think it's because we're using an old cow barn and it wasn't cleaned like it should of been. (quick move from old house) But I see so many breeds that I would love to get [​IMG]

5. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I wasn't going to check MPC for awhile, since I had just checked a week or so ago, and they weren't taking orders yet. Had I not seen your thread, I may have missed out on the breeds I wanted. I can't believe how fast they sell out of breeds! So, I ordered some late last night. Mine come the week of April 9'th. With the exception of 2, (I only ordered 8), I'm getting breeds I've never had before. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  6. polishchickens111

polishchickens111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Over there
    I wish I had room for 4 more...

Did anyone see the SULTANS?????? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] If anyone wants to spit an order...

7. HollyBird24

HollyBird24 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    Quote:You could always order more then you need, then sell the extras.

8. polishchickens111

polishchickens111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Over there
    True, but it's hard to sell chickens where I live, it's more urban than I like, and I'm not too sure about shipping. Thanks for the idea, though.

9. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Quote:Are you wanting to split the cost of shipping or how many chicks? My Pet Chicken will let you order as few as only 3 chicks. Meyer also only requires a minimum of 3 chicks. I have used both MPC and Meyer and have been happy with both.

10. HollyBird24

HollyBird24 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    Quote:Are you wanting to split the cost of shipping or how many chicks? My Pet Chicken will let you order as few as only 3 chicks. Meyer also only requires a minimum of 3 chicks. I have used both MPC and Meyer and have been happy with both.

I think you can only order that few chicks if you live around a major city

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by