my pet chicken reviews

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by seacowst, May 21, 2012.

1. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK
    You seem so calm about receiving one dead and two dying chicks in the post! It would of put me off for life
    Still can't understand why shipping live animals is acceptable in the U.S. It must tick a lot of animal cruelty boxes?
    Good luck with your remaining chicks x

2. BeanSquak

BeanSquak Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2014
    I don't mean to offend anyone. My wife was definitely more put off than me, and my daughter doesn't understand yet at her age. I think I prepared myself for something like this. I will definitely take the time to bury them properly and respectfully.

I think you bring up a very valid point. It says something that UPS and FedEx won't ship live chicks. This is likely more due to the monetary risks associated with it, but still.

Thank you for the good thoughts for the remaining chicks!

3. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK

Hi not offended it just seems a bit cruel on the little chicks ; (
    X

4. elroddo

elroddo Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2014
    Oswego NY.
    I recently ordered 8 birds, 3 died within 2 days of delivery. I got the same BS about how they would reimburse me only if I ordered again. I'll never order birds again, if I can't drive to get them I won't be getting anymore birds. Their customer service was horrible, the representative I first talked to wasn't concerned when my birds hadn't shown up 2 days after shipping, and then it took them 5 days to respond to emails after my birds died after hours. I won't buy anything from them, birds or otherwise.

5. Oakleaf farm

Oakleaf farm New Egg

May 27, 2014
    From who

6. elroddo

elroddo Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2014
    Oswego NY.
    from my pet chicken

7. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    My experience with MPC was totally the opposite, and my chicks were delivered when it was 19 below zero here. Wonder why the difference....strange, isn't it?

1 person likes this.
  8. dstinett

dstinett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2014
    Jefferson, TX
    Its because mpc is only a broker for multiple hatcheries. You probably got birds from different places

9. boomchicken

boomchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Could also have been the heat? You can pack heating pads against the cold weather but in the heat of summer I wonder what's it like to travel through the postal system :-/

Sounds like customer support dropped the ball, too.

My dealings with them a year ago went well. Support called to let me know my EEs weren't available and would I prefer some of the common egg laying varieties. The lady was very nice and patient with me (I had a few questions because I knew very little about the various breeds she offered.). But then again, the real test of customer support is how they act when things are going wrong, as with elroddo's case.

10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I can buy that about the chicks, but the customer service from MPC was what I was referring to...totally different than what elroddo went through. I lost a couple of chicks, got an immediate refund without having it come off a future order, and every email was answered promptly. They were very helpful from start to finish. That's the part that has me confused. Why they have such inconsistency in their customer service is hard to figure out! They'll get my repeat business, they won't get elroddo's - and you'd think that would matter to them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by