my pet chicken reviews

Pics
I have to say, I was pretty tempted with that email they sent. Too bad I have 11 plus 3 indoor chicks for the winter. I'm thinking about moving so I can fit more chickens.

Thumbs down on Olive Eggers from MyPetChicken!

I received my 3 olive egger chicks back in July from MyPetChicken. They clearly are welsummer/crested cream legbar mix. Sweet girls, docile. Looking forward to pretty green eggs of any degree of light or darkness. Happy girls that stick together and get along well with the rest of the flock.

They all recently started laying eggs too - BROWN eggs, slightly speckled... all of them. When girl 1 started producing a brown egg, that was ok, I knew there was a chance this could happen, brown eggs from her was fine because the other two would lay green. A week later girl #2 plopped her first egg at my feet (she was excited I brought treats outside which made her leave the nesting box she was in). It was also brown. And just yesterday I found little lady 3 squawking up a storm in the coop;I peeked inside to find a still warm little brown egg in a nest and litlle lady was screaming to the world about it.

Really? all 3 laying brown eggs? I think they have a bad breeding program. All my chickens came from them, and I have been very happy with ordering from them. 2 EE's that both lay pale blue eggs, 2 pretty Barnies that lay a very deep russet(?) colored egg, and 2 BO's who are sweet and lovely and dependably lay light brown eggs. Adding some green to the egg basket was to be the perfect way to round it all out. Pretty chickens : Pretty eggs.

My experience won't stop me from ordering from them in the future, but I won't try for anything special like olive eggers again. I am extremely disappointed.

Last edited:
Thumbs down on Olive Eggers from MyPetChicken!

I received my 3 olive egger chicks back in July from MyPetChicken. They clearly are welsummer/crested cream legbar mix. Sweet girls, docile. Looking forward to pretty green eggs of any degree of light or darkness. Happy girls that stick together and get along well with the rest of the flock.

They all recently started laying eggs too - BROWN eggs, slightly speckled... all of them. When girl 1 started producing a brown egg, that was ok, I knew there was a chance this could happen, brown eggs from her was fine because the other two would lay green. A week later girl #2 plopped her first egg at my feet (she was excited I brought treats outside which made her leave the nesting box she was in). It was also brown. And just yesterday I found little lady 3 squawking up a storm in the coop;I peeked inside to find a still warm little brown egg in a nest and litlle lady was screaming to the world about it.

Really? all 3 laying brown eggs? I think they have a bad breeding program. All my chickens came from them, and I have been very happy with ordering from them. 2 EE's that both lay pale blue eggs, 2 pretty Barnies that lay a very deep russet(?) colored egg, and 2 BO's who are sweet and lovely and dependably lay light brown eggs. Adding some green to the egg basket was to be the perfect way to round it all out. Pretty chickens : Pretty eggs.

My experience won't stop me from ordering from them in the future, but I won't try for anything special like olive eggers again. I am extremely disappointed.
Oh no! I'm so sorry. Yes there is a small chance of getting a hen that didn't carry the blue egg gene down to make the Olive eggs. We have NEVER had anyone end up with 3 brown eggs though. I'm terribly sorry and want to make it up to you.

Please accept my deepest sympathies and either a 100% refund or a reshipment of 3 more Olive Eggers.

Thank you,
Alex
My Pet Chicken

goodpost.gif

And that, folks, is why I will continue to order from MPC and have become a fairly consistent cheerleader!

I was getting the business in another thread because I said I ordered sexed bantams from you and another person who did as well was worried, people don't believe you can sex bantams.

I was getting the business in another thread because I said I ordered sexed bantams from you and another person who did as well was worried, people don't believe you can sex bantams.

I'm sorry that they didn't believe you. Its harder to sex bantams because they are so tiny but our sexing experts are very good at their jobs. If you want me to comment on that thread please PM me the link and I'll be happy to defend you!
hugs.gif

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I received 10 chicks from MPC in September, one died on day 3 and I didn't report it because their policy says within the first 48 hours...it was a weak one to start. That doesn't discourage me from ordering from them though! I have 9 very robust healthy chickens from them and I am VERY pleased! I didn't try for olive eggers...not a green egg fan. What I did order was all females and that's exactly what I got!!! THAT, I love...the feed store will never give you those kind of odds!!

Back
Top Bottom