my pet chicken reviews

Pics
My babies shipped yesterday p.m. Didn't expect them to arrive today but I stopped at our little very small town post office and let them know they are coming. Our post master promised she would call as soon as she receives a "cheeping" box. Their "suite" is all ready and waiting for them! They will reside all snuggy and warm in our front sunroom for their first weeks and then we have been hard at work reinforcing fences making sure the grow out pen and their "safe place" inside the coop will be ready when they are all feathered out and the weather is warm enough. (they will have their own "apartment" inside the coop in view of the big girls and their own pophole out their own grassy yard. In the meantime they will have playtime outside, weather permitting, of course in their own puppy style play pen.
Yes, my birds are spoiled rotten pets that poop me breakfast
love.gif

Shipped Monday evening! Cleveland is only about 7 hours from here so I'm hoping it doesn't take them to long, but USPS so I don't expect much. I'm really kicking myself I didn't at least ASK what breeds they had available instead of just taking the Red Sexlink. I can get those at Tractor Supply every spring and ordered from MPC for harder to find breeds. Oh well! I have been curious about super layer breeds. My neighbor has a bunch and his eggs are HUGE compared to my girls. My Orpington and Buckeyes lay small eggs! Some of my EE and OE eggs look large and I have gotten three giant eggs so far from various girls.

I'm excitedly awaiting my order from My Pet Chicken too. My order shipped on Monday. I have been checking tracking but nothing has changed since yesterday afternoon in Cleveland, OH. Does anyone know if this is typical? I was hoping I'd be able to watch their progress. I chose Express shipping and the tracking says arrival by Wednesday at 3:00. Really hoping that my chicks are making their way to us even if the tracking doesn't show it!

I'm excitedly awaiting my order from My Pet Chicken too. My order shipped on Monday. I have been checking tracking but nothing has changed since yesterday afternoon in Cleveland, OH. Does anyone know if this is typical? I was hoping I'd be able to watch their progress. I chose Express shipping and the tracking says arrival by Wednesday at 3:00. Really hoping that my chicks are making their way to us even if the tracking doesn't show it!
The USPS just does not update tracking....and then when they do they'll tell you they've arrived at destination even if they haven't. That's happened to me twice. The first time it was a shock, because even when our local postmistress checked the tracking she said, "That's pretty dumb - says they are here but they aren't." So she called Casper PO, which is our sorting office. They were still there in the loading area, a 6-7 hour drive on top of the 3 days they'd already been traveling, in the middle of the night, and the temperature we 17 BELOW zero! Yeah. Chicks arrived a full day late, and a full day after PO tracking said they'd been delivered.

Same thing second year, but this time I ordered for delivery later in the year (warmer) and knew they'd be here on Thursday instead of on Wednesday. Our tax dollars at work.

I think what frosts my cookies the most is that places like MPC are required to send them Express Mail. We do not even HAVE Express Mail in Cowley, where I live. The entire town has to go to the Post Office to pick up our mail - no house to house mail delivery - and Express Shipping always takes 4 days. When we first moved here I needed to get my car title (left behind for some dumb reason) so my sister sent it "overnight. When I went to the PO the next day, the Postmaster then, Jack (since retired) informed me never to waste the money sending or ordering something to be sent Overnight, because it isn't available here. Yep, the USPS gets my money for Express Shipping, and if you read the fine print that delivery is NOT guaranteed, so they don't even have to compensate for losses.

Last edited:
I'm checking the tracking and set up text notifications. Haven't gotten a notification since Cleveland at 11:09pm. Leave it to the USPS to make a 7 hour trip take days. Even with processing, it's a long time. I didn't get Express so I'm not supposed to expect mine until Thursday.

I'm checking the tracking and set up text notifications. Haven't gotten a notification since Cleveland at 11:09pm. Leave it to the USPS to make a 7 hour trip take days. Even with processing, it's a long time. I didn't get Express so I'm not supposed to expect mine until Thursday.

I'm so sorry, I find that the USPS is inconsistent when it comes to updating tracking information. It seems that some packages get updates every 15 minutes and others don't give any warning before they are delivered. :(

I can't wait to hear how they do!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Just got an update! They are two hours away! Really hope that means they will be here "early" and not sitting around so close for days. Have my kids prepped for them not getting here until Thursday though.

Thanks for replying. Glad to know it's rather typical for the post office not to update the tracking in a timely manner (it doesn't mean my chicks actually haven't gone very far yet). Hoping the night passes quickly and we get to meet the chicks tomorrow. We ordered way back in January then added a few more to the order a few weeks ago, chicken math got us before we even got started :). It's hard to wait this last little bit of time.

Back
Top Bottom