my pet chicken reviews

Pics
We haven't had anymore losses for 24 hours! Shew! Everyone seems to be thriving now. My worry for the Speckled Sussex dwindles every hour. She may be the smallest in the brooder now, but she eats and drinks and seems to look out for herself! The SLW has proven to be the bully of the group. It's her way or the highway and everyone gives her whatever she wants. Haha. So fun to see their personalities peeking out!

We haven't had anymore losses for 24 hours! Shew! Everyone seems to be thriving now. My worry for the Speckled Sussex dwindles every hour. She may be the smallest in the brooder now, but she eats and drinks and seems to look out for herself! The SLW has proven to be the bully of the group. It's her way or the highway and everyone gives her whatever she wants. Haha. So fun to see their personalities peeking out!
I'm so happy!!! Hoping the little Sussex continues to thrive
fl.gif

Here's pics of my two little survivors. One week old today.
I apologize for the picture quality but I was trying to take them by myself and the little stinkers kept popping out of the basket and wouldn't stay put!

meet Brown Sugar the GLW and Cajun Spice the SLW
Sugar and Spice for short.

It was a hard fight for both of us to keep you here. So glad you made it!

Last edited:
Here's pics of my two little survivors. One week old today. I apologize for the picture quality but I was trying to take them by myself and the little stinkers kept popping out of the basket and wouldn't stay put! meet Brown Sugar the GLW and Cajun Spice the SLW Sugar and Spice for short. It was a hard fight for both of us to keep you here. So glad you made it!
That's so cool, I'm glad you checked the chicks and found these two and didn't count them out. So adorable.

Here's pics of my two little survivors. One week old today. I apologize for the picture quality but I was trying to take them by myself and the little stinkers kept popping out of the basket and wouldn't stay put! meet Brown Sugar the GLW and Cajun Spice the SLW Sugar and Spice for short. It was a hard fight for both of us to keep you here. So glad you made it!
So cute! Little fighters! Love the names. I was thinking of naming my three survivors Margot, Edith, and Agnus.

chickisoup- So glad to see your little survivors!

bbhorsefly, that is a good feeling, isn't it. Nobody died today! It's nice to be able to relax a bit and enjoy them.

We lost three within the first couple days and have one silkie still worrying us. Got home from a visit to Mom (in a nursing home in another state so it was most of the day) and we were so excited that the little silkie was still with us. I shouted, the silkie didn't die! Most of ours look fantastic now and most of the big ones bounced right back after their long journey. The silkies and cochins who we were most looking forward to, are the ones we have had trouble with. I think we are on the right track now though and hopefully all will thrive. I've been making them a warm, wet mash with the starter food a couple times a day and they love it. They have dry starter crumbles free choice but when the little plate with the mash goes in they all come running! They really are SO cute and funny to watch.

Well day 7 of MPC lost egg incubation and not a single blood vessel in the whole lot. So glad they are replacing them in june whew
1f610.png
1f625.png
.the croads arnt doing to well either. Put in 14 looks like only 4 or 5 might have some development. But they are dark and hard to see in. Even with my 3000. Lumen light.

So cute! Little fighters! Love the names. I was thinking of naming my three survivors Margot, Edith, and Agnus.
Thanx BB!!! I love the names you've chosen! all my girls have food names. Just something silly I started with my first rescued girls.

I'm so happy for your 2 that made it. Tough little babies!
Thank you! I still see the picture in my mind when I opened that box and how cold and stiff they all were. I still can't believe I found any that had life in them. These are little toughies for sure!

Well day 7 of MPC lost egg incubation and not a single blood vessel in the whole lot. So glad they are replacing them in june whew
1f610.png
1f625.png
.the croads arnt doing to well either. Put in 14 looks like only 4 or 5 might have some development. But they are dark and hard to see in. Even with my 3000. Lumen light.
So glad MPC is going to replace your eggs
love.gif
Fingers crossed for the croads.
fl.gif

After calling and switching the Blue Orpington for a Swedish Flower Hen, my chicks have shipped! My daughter is somewhat disappointed because she wanted big and fluffy, but I guess we gotta work with what we've got. I've heard so much about the SFH and how sweet they are, so hopefully we have a win.

Back
Top Bottom