my pet chicken reviews

@oldhenlikesdogs
 at what age does that terrible teenage rooster phase hit? And how long might it last? God knows how many cockerels I have in my current batches. I think at least 2 in my 11 week olds. Have 11 straight run, 1-3 weeks old, 19 SR coming in August, and HOPEFULLY.... 14 SR bantams shipping today from MPC. :fl  No tracking # yet, had a good chat with my post master today though (after harassing MPC 3 times already). :oops:  

Even though they don't offer over night delivery to our area, I realized... Last time my order shipped (according to tracking) on Tuesday (Monday was a holiday) and they arrived Wednesday morning at 0630 even though tracking information said not until Thursday. Is that not over night?:confused:

:jumpy :jumpy  

ETA: I'm a pay attention to details type person! 
Most start when reaching puberty. Usually 4-6 months of age depending on breeds. Some behave themselves, and some behave themselves longer. You will know by the pullets screaming that it's begun.

I just ordered a dozen 1 day old chicks from MPC I I must say it was a great experience I ordered of the 18th they were shipped on the 22 I got them on the 24 and all chicks not only were alive but we're also very healthy and very playful. This new stock will make a welcome addition to my flock.

I just ordered a dozen 1 day old chicks from MPC I I must say it was a great experience I ordered of the 18th they were shipped on the 22 I got them on the 24 and all chicks not only were alive but we're also very healthy and very playful. This new stock will make a welcome addition to my flock.

Great to hear!! :) post pictures when you can!

Great to hear!!
smile.png
post pictures when you can!

Got my last batch, the post office called at 6 am, my post office, so they came in the direct route. All are fine and they are quite strong, they were fighting my attempts to get them to drink so I let them be, they started eating immediately. They are very fuzzy and adorable. There are 9 of them.

Last edited:
@oldhenlikesdogs
  SO cute!:drool Congratulations! :woot

Pics are awesome. Are you already trying to give them an M&M addiction?! :oops:  ;)
Thank you, funny, I use glass rocks to get them to peck at stuff, but these buggers don't need encouragement. I really hope yours show up, I wasn't expecting mine until tomorrow due to the post office being nutty the last few times, you just never know. These are definitely the last for for a while, though I think they are the cutest.

I am not sure why.... My reshipment should have been sent express, but was sent priority 3 day according to tracking. My local post master said there is no possibility of delivery today with them having not left San Fran until 0330 this morning.
hmm.png

My last group of brooder babies got the group name of Psycho Chicks, because I swear they were raised by Bob the Builder.
big_smile.png
They pecked at the walls non stop! Little pieces of fermented feed from shaking their heads encouraged them.
tongue.png

My true addiction... Peanut M&Ms. Diabetes..... huh?!
idunno.gif

Or my other vice, Chicken Math!
hide.gif

I am not sure why.... My reshipment should have been sent express, but was sent priority 3 day according to tracking. My local post master said there is no possibility of delivery today with them having not left San Fran until 0330 this morning. :/

My last group of brooder babies got the group name of Psycho Chicks, because I swear they were raised by Bob the Builder. :D  They pecked at the walls non stop! Little pieces of fermented feed from shaking their heads encouraged them. :p

My true addiction... Peanut M&Ms. Diabetes..... huh?! :idunno

Or my other vice, Chicken Math! :oops:
That's too bad, 4 days can be a long ride, hopefully early morning.

I love the tapping of chick beaks, reminds me of elves making presents with tiny hammers.
1f600.png

You and I share the same conditions and vices. I am partial to the pretzel M&M's.

Back
Top Bottom