My Pet Chicken

Most of our girls are from there. Out of 18 birds across several orders we have only had one missexed. Not too bad odds, and they sent me a check for him. All of our chicks have arrived healthy and we had zero losses regardless of month ordered (Oct, Sept, July) even during the hot times as we are in Scottsdale, AZ. Some our girls were expensive, but they have been healthy and friendly so I can't complain. It was on me to say no to an expensive chick. All in all our experience with MPC has been great, the customer service is top notch. I have changed all of our orders at least once, usually a few times, adding chicks, changing my mind and swapping and haven't had any issues there either. They aren't going to be show birds, our White crested black polish is too small and has a defect on her wattles, but they seem relatively healthy I guess for hatchery birds. Our Blacked laced red wyandotte was very clearly different from our GLW with deep a deep red color and very pretty lacing. The only other hatchery we have experience with is McMurray and we got started pullets from them so I don't have chick experience with them.

I purchased 4 silkie day-old pullets from MPC several years ago, and all four were sexed correctly. When I purchased 4 more bantams in 2019, all were sexed correctly, again.

I used to say I'd order from MPC only because of their 100% accuracy track record I've had with correctly sexed chicks, but in my most recent order, a cockerel slipped past the chicken sexer. Still, that's only one cockerel among over two dozen pullets I've ordered from them over the past several years.

Customer service is second to none.

Was thinking of ordering a porcelain d'uccle, black silkie, and other breeds from MPC. Does anyone have any experience with them? Is the quality worth the money lol
Know this is a bit of an old thread... But I've recently placed 2 orders with MPC. Have to say I love them. There was an issue with my original order and they had several incubators go down the night before hatch day. My order was a fatality amongst their loss. But they soon replaced my order and then there was an issue with the post delivery...
All my chicks but 1 died before or at arrival.
MPC has a live arrival guarantee.
The chicks that died later that day, my pet chicken was willing to replace without a single problem. Even though it was an issue due to the post office.

The customer service of my pet chicken was outstanding!! To work for MPC you have to be a chicken owner yourself.
So the staff is amazing, knowledable, and caring.

I called several times to check on my order and even changed my order while waiting for replacement chicks.

Each time, everyone I spoke with was delightful. It was like talking to a friend.

Have to say MPC... has my vote, because I appreciated the courtesy, staff knowledge, and resolution of issues.. (for me it was just fluke issues.)

I love my pet chicken

Old thread but we had great luck with MPC. Ordered 3 EEs and 3 Porcelain D'Uccles and all were properly sexed and healthy. One D'Uccle died from an injury later so we still have 5 of the 6 and they are wonderful.
PXL_20210523_184754595.jpg
Collage 2020-09-29 20_37_13.jpg
Collage 2020-09-29 20_35_37.jpg
Collage 2020-09-29 20_31_59.jpg

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200922_174537~3.jpg
    MVIMG_20200922_174537~3.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom