My Pet Chicken ???

mikeevensen

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
altamont Tenn.
has anyone ever dealt with a internet company called My Pet Chicken, they say they an ship small quanity as little as 5 chicks, was curious if they had a good exp. with them

I think they drop ship from other companies so sometimes your chick is just a tad older( day, day and a half) than you would get from other hatcheries... which means they'll be SUPER thirsty and hungry when you get them... and since they are the middle man, they'll cost you more.

My chicks from MPC are a week old and doing great. They are a middleman for some hatcheries but I used them because I didn't want 25 chicks.

I ordered 9 and because I am on the east coast they were shipped from Meyer hatchery Monday evening and were in my PO around noon Tuesday. So all in all a good experience with them.

Quote:
Wow...that was fast! Did they ship to your local PO or were they shipped to a major city near you? I wouldn't mind ordering from them but I wouldn't want to have to go pick them up in Boston
sad.png
because I hate driving highways and Boston is around an hour from me.

I used them for 10 chicks, they shipped on a Monday and arrived on Tuesday at my little rural post office. All were healthy and happy. The shipping is high but I did not want 25 chicks! My chicks are 3 weeks old and I'm very happy with them and with MPC and would use them again.

I ordered from them a year ago. There was a mix up with the original ship date so they ended up shipping them a couple of weeks later. That was frustrating for sure. But they threw in a couple of extra chicks in a breed I couldn't get before to make up for it AND they were very helpful in customer service.
I ordered 15. They sent 18. One died coming out of the box (got smushed on the bottom). The other 17 are heart and hale and happy a year later. Two of them turned out to be roosters (one I had ordered and one of the bonus chicks). That turned out to be a good thing as I didn't know that I wanted roosters when I ordered. Now I can't imagine being rooster-less.
smile.png

All in all they were really nice. The chicks were all good quality (for hatchery chicks. They aren't show chickens by any stretch.). Shipping is high, but then again, I didn't want 25 chicks either. If I were hatchery ordering again I would certainly consider them as an option.

edited to say that I initially went with them because they sex bantums and I wanted silkies and sebrights. Those were 100% sexed accurately. The roosters were the mille fleur d'uccle they tossed in for free and one of the LF buff orps.

Last edited:
might try finding someone to go in on an order from anothe hatchery, cackle does min. of 15. I was going to order 1 black tailed white jap. bantam for my daughter, shipping was $34.95! or get some from somewhere else, and sell off on craigslist what you don't want too keep.

Back
Top Bottom