1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my pet chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cochin123, Nov 29, 2009.

1. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    any body have Marans or Orpingtons form them , i just found out that they have 8 types of marans [​IMG]
    Black Copper Maran [​IMG]
    Blue Copper Marans
    Blue Birchen Marans
    Blue Splash Marans
    White Marans
    Wheaten Marans
    Golden Cuckoo Marans
    and 6 types of Orpingtons [​IMG]
    Blue Orpington
    Buff Orpington
    Blue Splash Orpington*
    Black Orpington
    Lavender Orpington* [​IMG]
    Lavender Splash Orpington* [​IMG]

2. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 1 Buff Orpington hen. I call her Buffy the Buffster. She is the most vocal chicken I got. She cackeles and sings quite a bit and lays light brown eggs. May get me some White Orpingtons some day and cross them with White Rocks for meat chickens.

3. AZKat

AZKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    I've got a couple Cuckoo Marans pullets from them. They aren't laying yet, so I don't know what color the eggs will be, but they are nice looking birds. One of them sort of annoys me, she's bright and inquisitive, but she is also a bit agressive, but the other is very sweet.

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Well Its really nice they make the effort to have rare and in demand breeds Its a really good idea! I feel like I have seen many of those pictures espeacially of the Marans on private breeders websited so I just don't know who the birds belong to. I kinda suspect that MPC has contracted private breeders to sell eggs. Also the Blue Orphington Rooster in the picture is kinda shrimpy compared to the guys on here. Thats amazing and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad a hatchery regonized the diffrence between Ameraucana and Easter Eggers FINALLY!!

If anyone orders eggs let everyone know how the chicks are.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by