my pet chicken

cochin123

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
fort walton beach, fl
any body have Marans or Orpingtons form them , i just found out that they have 8 types of marans
ep.gif

Black Copper Maran
love.gif

Blue Copper Marans
Blue Birchen Marans
Blue Splash Marans
White Marans
Wheaten Marans
Golden Cuckoo Marans
and 6 types of Orpingtons
ep.gif

Blue Orpington
Buff Orpington
Blue Splash Orpington*
Black Orpington
Lavender Orpington*
love.gif

Lavender Splash Orpington*
love.gif

I have 1 Buff Orpington hen. I call her Buffy the Buffster. She is the most vocal chicken I got. She cackeles and sings quite a bit and lays light brown eggs. May get me some White Orpingtons some day and cross them with White Rocks for meat chickens.

I've got a couple Cuckoo Marans pullets from them. They aren't laying yet, so I don't know what color the eggs will be, but they are nice looking birds. One of them sort of annoys me, she's bright and inquisitive, but she is also a bit agressive, but the other is very sweet.

Well Its really nice they make the effort to have rare and in demand breeds Its a really good idea! I feel like I have seen many of those pictures espeacially of the Marans on private breeders websited so I just don't know who the birds belong to. I kinda suspect that MPC has contracted private breeders to sell eggs. Also the Blue Orphington Rooster in the picture is kinda shrimpy compared to the guys on here. Thats amazing and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad a hatchery regonized the diffrence between Ameraucana and Easter Eggers FINALLY!!

If anyone orders eggs let everyone know how the chicks are.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom