My Pet Chicken

Cheekon,

Their whole deal is that they cater to folks in the suburbs who can't have roos and can only have small flocks. I specifically asked whether they ever include "males for warmth" and they said, "oh, no, never!".... they use same breed, same sex (as far as they know).

Their customer service is VERY helpful.

Stacey

I got my four girls from them. I actually only ordered four, and so I was mighty surprised when the box arrived and there were FOUR chicks. I'm sure ok with it now!

They were very helpful on the phone and I've been very pleased with my four girls. They are all healthy, beautiful chickens that started laying pretty early and now lay every day for me.

Quote:
They did throw a cockerel into my order of four girls (five total chicks arrived). This was a nice gesture, but it meant that a few months later, I was stuck trying to find a home for him. And of course we all know pet homes for roosters that won't get eaten are scarcer than hen's teeth (pun intended) so it became a major inconvenience. Other than that issue, I'd order from them again if I could insure NO roos.

Amy

I ordered from MPC and it was a great experience. They threw in an extra sex-link for me (I had ordered one already). I did end up with a rooster, but it wasn't an extra - just a mistake in the sexing. It's a risk we all take, I suppose.

I will say, and I think everyone seems to agree - the customer service is fantastic. I was a bit anxious when I ordered my chicks, didn't want to wait too long, and they helped me figure out what I needed to change in my original order to get the chicks to me the fastest. They were extremely kind and helpful. They seem to really care as well - asked for pictures and a call when the chicks arrived. I actually just sent updated pictures of my girls to them here a couple months ago.

The warming pack is ridiculous and I ended up spending about $60 for 5 chicks (plus the one extra), but all my chicks arrived peeping and healthy. For someone who doesn't want 25+ chicks, I think MPC is an amazing alternative and I would highly recommend them! All my birds are gorgeous and healthy still.

Back
Top Bottom