My pet makes ME breakfast

chickiebaby

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
western mass
Wait a minute - all this chicken-coddling behavior is gettin out of hand, y'all!

Everybody made teir chickens warm oatmeal for the cold snap - I admit it, I did it yesterday too, a first, cause I usually like to treat animals like - well, animals -- so sue me.

Then today somebody confesses on here that they feed their chickens with a SPOON!? I wonder which of us still DESERVES the classic BYC bumpersticker and which of us should REALLY have, instead:

"I feed my pet caviar and champagne for breakfast."

Now really, peeps. Tell me YOU would never feed your chickens with a SPOON!

I feed mine with a spoon at times.

I am trying to fatten up our outside cat for winter feeding her canned cat food, and I use a spoon to put it in her bowl, I have a broody hen that I worry about her not eating (even though I now she does once a day) so I took a spoonfull of canned cat food out to her, well the others all wanted to taste it so I was in the yard feeding all my flock catfood (just a few bite) off a spoon. The neighbors think i am crazy, feeding my flock catfood from a spoon. I also feed them their oatmeal from a spoon and their yogurt.

That is to funny! I will admit that I occasionally will let the girls eat off of the spoon I am using to scoop the cooked oatmeal into their bowl, but I don't sit there and spoon feed them the whole bowl! No, no, no! My life it way to busy for that one!
lol.png

My grandma used to feed my old poodle Thanksgiving turkey with a fork off our best china.

Does that count?

what's wrong with treating the chickens nicely??!!!
clap.gif
Come on people, it's not really a big deal to let them eat off the spoon. What, they can't be treated like the "valuable" and "better" humans?
hu.gif
lau.gif
Rrriiiigghhhhtttt.....
LOL we give our chickens leftover scraps all the time.
big_smile.png
We give them healthy bread, cracked corn, etc... LOL our chickens are soo spoiled. And yes, I'm proud to admit that we have fed our chickens some food from the spoon several times. So?
big_smile.png

pop.gif
pop.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom