My Pharoah Quail

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
This is my Pharoah Quail, her name is Goosh, idk why, my mom named her, i had two quail before, male and female, they layed eggs, and i had a broodie silkie with no eggs under her, so i put a few quail eggs under her, only one hatched, during the winter, so i took her in my house to take care of her since it was soo cold out and she was so small, this is her two years later, very tame, love attention, showed her at fair, she got first, but cant show her anymore, she got attacked by a dog when she got lose one day, broke her foot, and heald wrong, but otherwise shes i perfect health. she runs around the house, gets along with my dogs and cats, shes a perfect pet. Thought id share.

103601_dscn9709.jpg

103601_dscn9725.jpg

103601_dscn9714.jpg

Quote:
ok thank u, i wrote the hatchery and sent a pic to them, this is what they wrote me

My Pet Chicken to me

Hi Stephanie,

He looks like a Welsummer rooster. He's feathering out in a classic "partridge" color, but since he has clean legs, that rules out Black Copper Marans or Partridge Cochin. The comb looks small for a Brown Leghorn and the wrong shape for Partridge Penedesenca.

Back
Top Bottom