My Pharoah Quail

idk if this helps, this is him as a chick, hes the yellow one with brown on its face, he had brown stripes on his back to, his legs turnd blueish tent as he got older.

103601_phone_455.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely well kept brown coturnix hen. I love the alley cats as well!

Just remember that the cats have fangs and claws, and the bird is no match to them. Even if the cats don't think of the bird as food. One playful incident to a cat, could become deadly to the bird.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing!
smile.png

Your quail is beautiful
big_smile.png
Wish I had one like that, who's that tame for me. I want to get a pair of cbbq and I hope I can get them to be tame, but I'm not sure. I'll just have to see when I get them
smile.png
Thanks for sharing!!

Quote:
i saw that right away, as much as your say they get along, my cat loves to watch my buttons..if i were to take one out he would kill it BEING playful. be careful, id hate to reaad a post about how those 3 cats got ahold of the jumbo gal. shes not fat either... shes just a jumbo coturnix. mine are all very heavy and large like her.

Quote:
I have found that hatching them yourself creates more of a bond.and daily activity

Yeah, I have heard that. Unfortunately I don't currently own an incubator and to start off with I was just going to keep adult birds to get a hang of that. I'm hoping that if I decide to breed that I can leave the hen to sit on some eggs and raise them herself (ith daily handling from me) but we'll have to see how that plan turns out. If not, it's not so much of a worry. I don't even know what I would do with any babies at this point. I think I would have to find someone to sell them to. Maybe my college?
smile.png

Quote:
I have found that hatching them yourself creates more of a bond.and daily activity

I recently got some 3 day old chicks from Craigslist. They are sweethearts! They rub on my hand when I reach in to feed them.
Ordered an incubator and it should be here tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom