my photography (feel free to join)

never just kidding feel free

thanks

nooooooo that pic is now bad i didn't notice that, but I will pay more attention
thanks for all the great tips I feel dumb, but I need a more details on what a tree line is if you can
OK, so look at the first photo you posted, "Buff" See how the whole background is tilted at a 40 degree angle and the trees shoot off in an odd direction?

Yours:
1 buff-1.jpg

You want to level your background so it doesn't look like it's tipping off to the right. Your coolpix should have a grid view in the lcd and/or a level line in the viewfinder to help you get your horizon set. In this image because your girl is taking so much of the frame up, to get it level you will end up cropping her out.

Like this. See how the trees point up to the sky now and the ground is flat and not tipping down and right?

1 buff-1.jpg

i love them what camera do you have

OK, so look at the first photo you posted, "Buff" See how the whole background is tilted at a 40 degree angle and the trees shoot off in an odd direction?

Yours:
View attachment 3064153

You want to level your background so it doesn't look like it's tipping off to the right. Your coolpix should have a grid view in the lcd and/or a level line in the viewfinder to help you get your horizon set. In this image because your girl is taking so much of the frame up, to get it level you will end up cropping her out.

Like this. See how the trees point up to the sky now and the ground is flat and not tipping down and right?

View attachment 3064155
oh okay makes since thanks for helping me i will try im still very new and learning a lot
I'm still trying to figure out my camera lol
i will be back on here tonight but have to go for now feel free to post pictures of any thing and @CrazyChicken Lady how did you get one with the bee
fir me its hard to because the bees never get still

As someone who has seen literally millions of photographs (I used to work in a photo lab), I can tell you @azurbanclucker has some spot on advice!

I'd like to add two more points.

1. FOCUS. The subject needs to be sharp. Not necessarily the entire thing, but the part that your eye goes to first. With faces, that is usually the subject's eyes.

I can recall only ONE photograph that was excellent, even though the focus wasn't sharp. The image was incredible, and the customer sold a bazillion of it.

2. Color balance. This can be very subjective. I used to print color photographs, using negatives and an enlarger in a darkroom (yeah, I'm old), so the color being "off" is something I notice.

Keep taking pictures and posting them!

As someone who has seen literally millions of photographs (I used to work in a photo lab), I can tell you @azurbanclucker has some spot on advice!

I'd like to add two more points.

1. FOCUS. The subject needs to be sharp. Not necessarily the entire thing, but the part that your eye goes to first. With faces, that is usually the subject's eyes.

I can recall only ONE photograph that was excellent, even though the focus wasn't sharp. The image was incredible, and the customer sold a bazillion of it.

2. Color balance. This can be very subjective. I used to print color photographs, using negatives and an enlarger in a darkroom (yeah, I'm old), so the color being "off" is something I notice.

Keep taking pictures and posting them!
will do or at least try

Back
Top Bottom