my photos are not safe

Wow! I hope you feel better. ;). I appreciate your input and very useful info. I really don't care about most of my photos. It just an ethical issue

This is something that everyone who posts photos on the web has to deal with on occasion. If you do a google /bing search of "speckledhen", you'll find many of my photos. Or, Blue Orpington will bring up old photos of my late, great Suede.

Yes, some "breeders" have stolen my photos for their advertising, even once advertising my own original coop (how someone in TX was going to pull that one off is beyond me). Folks mistakenly believe that pictures on the web are automatically public domain. Not true. But, it's not necessarily BYC members who take them, but just anyone who finds your photo out on the web.

What you can do is put a watermark across your pictures as I try to remember to do on mine now, which is Mountain View Poultry, like this photo:

Of course, there are the stupid thieves who will use even watermarked photos, but those are not that common. Yes, I've caught one of those myself. Not too bright.

Dumb question, how do you add a watermark to your photos?

People seem to accomplish cashing in at the expense of others in way too many ways. Don't think they could do much with any I have posted, but boy would I get mad if they showed up in an inappropriate way.

But I do know that if you search images for anything chicken related many are from BYC threads.

Not a dumb question. I have never found an actual watermark program I could use, but in my photo editing software, Irfanview, it has an "Insert text into Selection" under Edit and it's super easy to do with that.

Thanks, I did it…using a MacBook Pro, found a way in Preview…

woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom