My Pit Bull got into my brooder...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Dread Pirate Roberts, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    and she ate all the peeps' food!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I patched the hole and replenished the food...everybody's happy now...

[​IMG]

Were you expecting something worse? Nah, she's a lover, not a fighter...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  2. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Haha! [​IMG] That's hilarious! Yes, I was expecting a very sad ending for the chicks. Glad everyone's full and happy!

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Were you expecting something worse? Nah, she's a lover, not a fighter...

That cracked me up! I didnt expect anything bad at all, I love pits. She's a gorgeous dog, too bad about all of that poor poor feed. [​IMG]

4. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    My first thought was, OH NO! Yup, you had me going. Glad to hear your chicks are fine. My dogs love the chicken poop more then to food [​IMG]

5. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    I can't see the photos. Your dog ate chick feed, is that right?

[​IMG]

I'm thinking... "I bet that gives her some awful gas!"

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    man, if one of my poodles got in there, they would anihilate everything quicker than a jack russell... [​IMG] They are something ELSE when it comes to birds... goes back to their hunting heritage. Never mind they are five and six pounds mostly now... LOL

7. warhorse

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    I have an Australian Cattle Dog who is absolutely STUPID about chasing. [​IMG] I have worked with her and it has improved some... but one night, I had just brought home some 3-4 month old pullets and were putting them in the coop when one got out. Great... it was just getting dark and then the dog started chasing it. Well, she ended up "working" it like a bird dog. Damnedest thing I had ever seen. It settled in a fencerow and she "whoaed" and just stood there fixed on it. I tried to reach in and grab it, but it flew up again. She jumped up and grabbed it and brought it straight back to me. I was AMAZED. The thing was dazed, but not hurt at all.

8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Too funny! My dog loves scratch, if I dont say " leave it" he'd run after it when I throw it to the chickens. LOL

9. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    lol...everytime im walking with a bucket full of feed to the coop my horses will not leave me alone!!!! i set it down once only for a sec and i turned around and one of the horses had a mouth full...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. warhorse

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    My dog did try the chick starter once. She just seemed curious and took a bite out of a bucket, then she looked at me with that Cattledog sort of sneer and walked away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by