My plans for the future-chickens, ducks, quail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most places require a minimum of 5 per breed for bantams. You could always find someone to split an order with
Yeah, splitting an order could be good...I think that it's kinda a lot to order 25 chicks if I only want like 5 of them....ugh I wish more places offered sexed bantams.

I've recently decided that at some point I'd like to have a bunny. I don't know when, or how many, just that I'd like to have a bunny. It would probably be at some point between my bantam chickens and my large amounts of birds. In that gap, I'd also like to get at least one Maine Coon cat, and maybe also a ragdoll cat. (floofy cats are my favorites)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I've lost all resolve that I had to NOT live on a farm. I would like to live on a farm. I would also like sheep, and possibly horses, goats, and cows.

Just a heads up, those all take a ton of wirk, way more than birds and rabbits do, and we all know birds can take a lot of work
Yep! Those are definitely a lot lower on my list than the birds. I most likely won't end up with any, but they're just going to be in the back of my mind :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I've lost all resolve that I had to NOT live on a farm. I would like to live on a farm. I would also like sheep, and possibly horses, goats, and cows.

Living on a farm + holding onto a secure job don't tend to go hand in hand. When I was younger I dreamt of living on a farm. Still not quite there yet (my area is a mix of "mini farms", with half city slickers and half retirees who refuse to stop living a self sufficient lifestyle) but I've only gotten this close because we decided we can get by on one income, so I "retired" in my early 30s so I could do more work for no pay. :p

Either have a lot of kids to help out with work or marry rich to pay for someone to do the work. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom