My plymouth Rock

stephygee

Hatching
Jan 29, 2022
My hen hasnt layed eggs since the 1st i just introduced 3 hens given to me by a friend to my 3 rooters whom havent stepped on a hen til i introduced the girls to them and she hasnt laid an egg since feb 1st.. What can be going on please help ? I know it may be because she is stressed but how can i fix the problem ?

Attachments

• 20220202_094711_HDR.jpg
    20220202_094711_HDR.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 4
She is stressed because she is in a new situation but more so because you have 3 roosters.
Percheron chick is exactly right. You only need one rooster for about ten hens. Your hens are being WAY overbred, harassed and given no rest by being with three roosters. If you only have room for three or four hens, you really don't need any roosters at all. You will still get eggs, even without a rooster. After being moved into a new home, it can take a couple of weeks for the hens to settle down, relax and start laying again. But with three roosters it may take much longer. Good luck!

Percheron chick is exactly right. You only need one rooster for about ten hens. Your hens are being WAY overbred, harassed and given no rest by being with three roosters. If you only have room for three or four hens, you really don't need any roosters at all. You will still get eggs, even without a rooster. After being moved into a new home, it can take a couple of weeks for the hens to settle down, relax and start laying again. But with three roosters it may take much longer. Good luck!
There is 3 hens and 3 roosters ? What should i do about it ? I want her to lay eggs to hatch out no to eat... Please any advise ?

I also just noticed that 1 of the hens is younger than the other 2 what should i do with her ? Since shes not ready ? And the rosters wont leave her alone ?m

The roosters can do serious harm to your hens, and possibly even kill them, especially the young one. The roosters can also hurt each other, fighting over the hens. This is not a good situation. I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom