My Polish, Pierogi, at 7 weeks

I was laughing so hard at the pics a coworker just asked me if I was ok!
lau.gif

The saddle feathers are the thinner feathers coming in right before and around the tail. Hens sometimes get some curved feathers there, too, but they will be the same width as her other feathers, not thinner like they are on a roo.

6chick*start :

Quote:
X2 total roo. The legs give it away. and those are hilarious pics!!
lau.gif

Awesome bird by the way, what type of polish is he? I have a silver laced polish that we discovered was a roo, which was annoying....

Not sure, a gold laced I guess? I am kicking myself for not getting several Polish when I bought my chicks at the local feed store(Atwoods).
Pierogi is such a sweetie and I can't find Polish chicks anywhere now. I want more Polish!
Someone mentioned the saddle feathers. I'm not seeing any on her/him.
I did just find 2 small, pale horn type thingys in front of the 'do.
Is this the beginning of a comb, a sure sign of roo, or what?

[URL]http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/45400/2029371200101606522S500x500Q85.jpg[/URL]​

the "horns" are a comb my black polish has them and they've turn bright red and chewie my polish like yours doesn't have them and they are the same age and ever since his comb has turned red he's calmed down

6chick*start :

Quote:
X2 total roo. The legs give it away. and those are hilarious pics!!
lau.gif

Awesome bird by the way, what type of polish is he? I have a silver laced polish that we discovered was a roo, which was annoying....

Not sure, a gold laced I guess? I am kicking myself for not getting several Polish when I bought my chicks at the local feed store(Atwoods).
Pierogi is such a sweetie and I can't find Polish chicks anywhere now. I want more Polish!
Someone mentioned the saddle feathers. I'm not seeing any on her/him.
I did just find 2 small, pale horn type thingys in front of the 'do.
Is this the beginning of a comb, a sure sign of roo, or what?

[URL]http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/45400/2029371200101606522S500x500Q85.jpg[/URL]​

We accidentally received a silver laced polish and unfortunately he is a he
hmm.png
I didn't know that until someone on BYC pointed it out. Yours sure looks like mine in the way he is built. We will try for more polish sometime in the future, they are sure neat! (although my polish is pretty skittish and doesn't like human attention, go figure).

87534_dsc00766.jpg

87534_dsc00728.jpg

sadie, are those 2 pics the same roo, top picture being what age?
The 2nd one sure does look like mine, mine with a little fuller head at 7weeks.
I only have my first 6 chicks, all 7 weeks now. The 1 Polish, 3 BS-L and 2 red productions.
All come to me and want to sit on me but Pierogi is the sweetest.
When I bring treats all run to the dish but 'rogi comes running back to me.
A rooster!
What would I get if if I were to let eggs hatch later ... OY!

6chick*start :

sadie, are those 2 pics the same roo, top picture being what age?
The 2nd one sure does look like mine, mine with a little fuller head at 7weeks.
I only have my first 6 chicks, all 7 weeks now. The 1 Polish, 3 BS-L and 2 red productions.
All come to me and want to sit on me but Pierogi is the sweetest.
When I bring treats all run to the dish but 'rogi comes running back to me.
A rooster!
What would I get if if I were to let eggs hatch later ... OY!

Yep the same roo, pictures taken on the same day. He is about 9-10 weeks to date. I hear on these threads that some roosters are sweet as can be and some are little devils. I didn't "baby" my chicks (just didn't have the time to spend with 10 chicks everyday like that) but they are very familiar with me and come running when I bring them treats. Well, cripes, what doesn't come running if you are bringing them treats?
tongue.png
Anyway....I am glad he is so sweet!! I would give anything to have my birds come and sit on me, they just peck my shoes instead
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom