My poor babies

QBRanch

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Colorado
Ok, so last week our roo who isnt allowed in the coop (because of the main roo) hangs around the house all day and then roosts in a tree that is about 30 feet tall. And he likes to be up there high. Well, last weekend he came up missing. We found some feathers and that's it.
Then just this am I went out to feed and found one of my pekins missing. and not even 10 feet away lied his head. I called wild life since we have mountain lions, skunks, raccoons, and ALOT of coyotes. They said it was a raccoon and provided me with a live trap. Any other suggestions? We are actually building a hut that closes just like the chicken coop and locks. since the duck coop just had a door on it and nothing more. UGh, I am going to make sure no more of my babies are taken. Never had a problem before! GRRRR

so sorry my rooster is missing since last night and no sign of any wrong doing except my odd hens showing up at my back door last night.

You're taking the right steps by building a more secure area for your birds at night. That's the absolute best way to stop loosing birds. Eliminating one predator usually opens the door to another. It becomes a never ending chore trying to stop them and you sill loose birds if they're not locked up.

I shut my birds in their coops at night. I also have an electric fence around their yard. I lost one bird to a predator which I think was a neighborhood dog by the tracks that were next to her body.

Back
Top Bottom