My poor chrissy

smokeykk

Songster
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Pennsylvania
Definite roo that I have, (well, cockerel) the pullet is 9 weeks old (Chrissy) and the cockerel is 8 weeks old (Eggbert). Tonight he was running/chasing Chrissy and grabbing the back of her neck. She was running around trying to get away. This cockerel has to go!!! It started out he was just skittish, then he just threw himself around alot, like landing on my little silkie bantam, and I got multiple scratches getting him back in the coop after free range time and when trying to get the ticks out. Then he got ticks all over his face, and now this! And we're just getting ready to leave on vacation! Now I have to worry about poor Chrissy for the next 2 weeks! AGHHH I WANT HIM OUTTTT
barnie.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif

I thought the cockerels didn't try to "get all up on" the pullets until like 6 months!!! Well at least now I know that Chrissy's a pullet
roll.png

Ok. Rant over, resume your normal life.
hmm.png

Last edited:
can anyone check on Crissy while you are away? Hope you can get to enjoy your vacation!

edited because I have no advise, as too new to the chicken world. Sorry

Last edited:
Yea we have a neighbor taking care of them, but this just shocked me today. THey are 2 months old for god's sake!!! WHYY EGGBERT WHYYY???

Back
Top Bottom