My Poor Dog!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mak, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    I had the chickens out for a little free range time today. Our chocolate Lab, Murphy, was out with me. He doesn't bother the chickens at all. When we first got them, he would bark at them, but now that he understands they are supposed to be here, he hardly seems to even notice them. So, I had my chair out in the yard, and he came over to stand by me. Hazel, one of the Red Stars, came up to us, and reached out and pecked poor Murphy on the nose! You never saw a dog jump backward so fast!! And then she came forward like she was going to do it again! I chased her away, since I don't want them to annoy him so much that he does start chasing them!! I couldn't help it- I was laughing so hard while I checked to make sure she hadn't hurt him. She hadn't. He sat really, really close to my chair for a while after that! [​IMG]7

2. Lorije1

Lorije1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    When I was nursing an injured roo I would let him lay in the grass / sun. My yellow Lab, Rio, would lay so close to him that his (dog) back would be against the roo. I guess Rio got a little too comfy with their 'friendship' and he tried to snarf one of Kubota's treats... I had a 110lb dog in my lap when the chicken pecked him on the nose lol

labs... gotta love 'em

3. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by