My poor ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bisqit&Gravy, May 29, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Their kiddie pool is no more:( I had just gotten it Sunday, I think. It was the only one I found between 4 wal-marts. They were having a blast in it. Early this morning a huge branch broke off a tree and crushed it!!!! They're back to the rubbermaid tub. I highly doubt I'll find another pool anytime soon:(
    Atleast it was the pool that got crushed and not them.

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Glad your kids are okay, but there must be a kiddie pool somewhere in your area. i was just at a local Rite Aide picking up a prescription today and they had kiddie pools. Have you checked everywhere?

3. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    get a free bathtub somewhere and stick a plug in it. know anyone with an old mobile home laying around? old water troughs work well too if they still hold water of course.

4. ml

ml Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    Seen them at Pets Smart too . Agree it is a item little ducks love.

ml

5. RebelsHope

RebelsHope Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    wisconsin
    I can got one of mine a local hardware store and the other I got at Mendards.

6. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    I hit several places today and wasted about 30 bucks in gas but no luck on a pool. Guess it's time to see if we can do what we planned last year....we have a 40 gal tub from TSC that we sunk in the ground but that didn't work b/c it was too hard to dump the nasty water out. We talked about putting a drain in it setting it on the ground and building a deck with landings around it.
    The only problem is I've been unemployeed since Feb so I guess I better start finding me some wooden pallets:) I already have two:D

7. catfish

catfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Greenbrier, Arkansas
    find an old water heater, ask local welding to cut it in half.

8. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I haven't been havin very good luck with kiddy pools either.

I got my mandarins a big kiddy pool last week (?) to put in their new pen I've been working on, and I dug the hole out and everything so that I could place the pool down far enough that my mandarins have no problem getting over the edge into the water, and today when I was taking the pool out a looked in it and realized it had a crack along the bottom. So I took it inside and it is currently downstairs drying because I applied gorilla glue to the crack. Ugh, I hope it works!

9. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    My ducks got killed this week by a raccoon I think [​IMG] I miss watching them splash around.

10. moenmitz

moenmitz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    This sounds terrible, but I found both of my pools on the curb during "junk days" (Yes, I am a curb shopper) [​IMG] If you have junk day coming up in your town or nearby, these are frequently tossed in perfect condition, not sure why. I could have had five or six if I had wanted them, and our town is only 4000 people!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by