My poor little guy....

LilBizzy

Chicken Storyteller
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Maryland
I get home from work as it is getting dark. As I was heading back toward the coops, one of the teen girls - BB- came running out of the coop. I thought it was very odd, as she is the LAST one to come running to me. Plus, they all are afraid of.. I mean, dislike -the dark so that made it all the more odd.
She was running back and forth, trying her best to squawk at me. I got a bad feeling. I knew she was telling me to hurry up. So I did.
I got to the coop door, and hesitated a second. You know how when you know something is wrong, and you are afraid to look? Well, that was me. But, flashlight in hand, I opened the door.
BB had run into the coop, and was standing next to my poor little rooster. She looked at him, and looked at me, and yelled at me to help him.
He had gotten his toe caught in the eye hook that we had the roost ramp hooked to at one point. It wasn't just that his toe was caught- he had fallen off the roost. My poor little guy was hanging from the roost by his little toe!!
He lifted his little head, and I could just see it in his eyes, that little plea for help. I think he was also thinking that it was hard to impress the girls while hanging upside down!
So I unhooked him, and cuddled him. He acted a little lightheaded for a few minutes, then looked at the roost. His foot seemed fine- the toe didn't seem broken. I put him down on the floor, and he was a little off kilter, but you would be too if you were hanging upside down for who-knows-how-long. Then he was lookng up to the roost, so I placed him up there. And I covered over those eye hooks till I can rip them out tomorrow.

I'm thinking of renaming him "Pinata"

Awwww! LOL what a story! His little lady saved his life! I've heard it's not good to hang a roo upside down for long and he might have just bougt the coop if you hadn't of come along at just he right time. She must have heard you and ran right out for help.

Bless her! Glad you were there to make it all good.

What a cute story! Typical tho, us girls are always saving those boy's butts one way or another!
tongue.png
What a gal, braving the dark for her man! Hope all is well with your roo, sounds like you made it there just in time! YAY!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes, I do think he actually was. The look on his face was more of a " Gee-I-got-myself-into-a-pickle-and-I hope-no-one-will-laugh-at-me" than a pained look.

The cute part was BB sticking by his side- and she still is..
Tonight when I was checking on them, I started to pet BB, and McScreamy tried to give me a little bite ( he missed LOL). It was a " keep your hands off my woman" thing.

Chickens are cool..

Back
Top Bottom