My poor Maple

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nicole01, May 11, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    After going through a horrid respiratory infection(I really thought I'd loose her) and being separated from her "sisters" for about 2 weeks, I thought I would try and reunite Maple with her sisters in the coop. Maple is fully feathered and 100% better.

Well, it didn't work out. I had a suspicion it wouldn't work. The other 3 gave Maple the stink eye all at once. Poor Maple ran towards them in delight. I had to catch her before the others would peck her. I guess Maple will stay in the brooder fully feathered and wait for the others to grow. There are 4 other chicks in the brooder with the youngest two at 2 weeks of age.

My plan is to bring the babies outside everyday outside the coop(weather permitting) until they are the same size as the older three. Then putting the brooder(xlarge dog wire kennel) in the coop keeping the 5 chicks inside, so they all get use to each other. I hope they will all fit. I have two small bantam size and three standard size chicks.

The upside to all of this is the two babies sleep under Maples wings. It's absolutely adorable.

2. TayFray!

TayFray! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    that so cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by