My precious Carol Jean

rockmaster

Songster
12 Years
May 18, 2010
sad.png
I had to post this today. I started raising 6 chickens 6 yrs ago. My favorite was my little white silkie that I named Carol Jean after my mother. She was named after her because of her maternal ways. What a precious little thing, I cannot tell you how many chicks she hatched and brought to the coop. I would bring her into the canning cellar and she would be in her glory teaching her babies what to do . I have learned so much about the behavior and the love they have for their own. Her last hatch was 1month ago and she was in the backyard having so much fun with her own little family and she was taken by a fox.
sad.png
I must say that my heart hurt, I enjoyed her sooooo much. The chicks were crying for her but I noticed something amazing. The rooster surrounded them like their momma and I'm hoping that in time, there will be harmony again. The rooster is Rockmaster and I'm rockmasters momma. I had to express my heart today. Thanks

oh.... i am so sorry to hear that........i am new to chickens and i just dont know i will do if i lose one...i am so sorry for you and your
chicks.....but the good thing is you have her chicks to follow in her foot steps!...good luck to you

I lost my favorite hen to a coyote this yr. she was 8 and the commannder in chief to all. But if you watch close I bet many of Carol Jeans wonderful traits have been passed on !
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for all the sweet comments.
there is truth behind the saying that it's better to love and to lose than to never love at all. You know whats the only regret I have is the fact the Carol Jean hatched all of the other chickens eggs. She never laid enough of her own to hatch. I tried over the summer but it wasn't fertile. I wished she would have , that way there would be another sweet love
sad.png

I am so sorry for your loss. If someone told me a year ago how chickens can find their way into your heart I would have thought they were crazy. Now I know and all I can say is:hugs

Back
Top Bottom