my predator control experiences/philosophy

Quote:
First of all, welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
There are some great folks on here. I have a question about storing your feed in old freezers or a fridge tipped on its back - I'm assuming you mean they're unplugged. Do you ever have mold problems? I'd love to try something like this, but am afraid I'd end up with mold inside the freezer and the feed itself (although we do live in an incredibly dry climate). We keep our feed in plastic buckets and have never had mice chew through them, but I'd like to find something more secure.

Quote:
thanks for the welcome
smile.png

i used to keep my feed in plastic buckets i got my dog biscuits in, but squirrels and chipmunks can go through plastic like it was butter !!

take out all the drawers and shelves and scrub the fridge inside and out with a bleach and water solution, then rinse it well until the bleach smell is gone and let it dry in the sun for a day or so .. as long as the inside is bone dry and the magnetic seal is intact you won't have mold problems .. i've had one small chest freezer i shanghaied enroute to the dump outside full of scratch grain, in rain and shine, for five years and the only issue is the outside is getting rusty

Great post...Predators never go on vacations, thier always around waiting for a chance to score..I have a strong coop, and lock my birds down every dusk. I'm always disposing raccoons caught around my coop.All it takes is one time forgeting to lock the girls up, and its all over.
So far the coons haven't tried to chew through the roof or anything like that, but i always look for signs of that.They just keep coming, no matter how many i catch and dispose of...!
Again, great post...defense, defense and more defense...!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom