My Present from the USPS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by greenfamilyfarms, Feb 12, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    [​IMG]

Box not marked - 7 Eggs Shipped, 3 "survived." We'll see if I can get any to hatch. They may be pretty scrambled inside. The others are Button Quail Eggs that were in a much smaller box and all made it just fine (sent UPS).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Oh no. I'm so sorry. That is a nightmarish night. I am expecting eggs next week. [​IMG]

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    The first pic looks like mine. I had 18 but three were smashed. I put 15 in the bator and will candle on day 14 and I'm sure I'll have some to throw out. Sorry your eggs didn't make their trip. [​IMG]

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have so many eggs coming from so many people in March that I would be horrified to open a box like that.

5. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    That is what happens with poor packing. I always pack tight with wood shavings in a paper carton and taped tight with duct tape. Pack the cartons in a very tight fitting box. The flat rate proility mail boxt is good for up to 4 dox. I find the paper cartons are better then foam. I have shipped eggs for 20 years.

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Uggg, been there, gotten that.

7. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    I see nothing in the photos to suggest that you received a "present from the USPS." From your photos, the blame could certainly just as easily lie on the person who sent it.

Wayne

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:I agree.
    If the box wasnt marked they didnt know to be careful with it.

Sorry for the loss though

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

No way- all my dealings with USPS, UPS and Fed-Ex have only served to show me that marking Fragile on something gives them an excuse to abuse the package more.

10. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    My Bantam wyandotte eggs came that smashed 3 were intact I took an old undershirt and wiped them off real good. and 2 hatched. Soo good luck.Let us know it they hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by