My pullets are sneezing, are they sick?

Clucky_Ellie123

Chirping
Jun 30, 2021
Australia
A few weeks ago, my pullets started sneezing. They only sneezed once in a while so I thought it was just the dirt (there are currently builders in my backyard), so I didn’t do anything. Now they are 18 weeks old and I noticed them sneezing more and more often. I also found blood in one of my chicken’s poo (I can’t confirm who it belongs to but I think it’s my Gingerham) and I saw two diarrheas on the deck. Yesterday, I noticed one of my Gingerhams (the same one who I suspect did the bloody poo) was taking a few steps but the walking backwards, while slightly swinging her head but it stopped today. She is also isolating herself from the flock and keeping her distance (she only comes when I feed them). Should I separate them? And are they sick?

Wish i could help better , but bumping you post will hopefully help, a loos smelly poop is acording to my aunt excreted by every chicken every so many poops , she calls is keekle (pro spelt wrong or maybe a local term for it) hopefully someone can educate the both of us on this matter.

Spend some time with your chickens to see if the same one is sneezing every 5 minutes or mire often. This can be a sign of a virus called infectious bronchitis. If there are more symptoms, such as bubbles in an eye, crackles when breathing, or lethargy, there could be MG (mycoplasma.) If they are occasionally sneezing during eating, or possibly because of dust or environmental reasons, it may be nothing serious.

As for blood in the poop, chickens usually develop tolerance to coccidiosis with low exposure and time. Worms can also cause some blood in droppings. You can take in a few collected droppings to a vet to help diagnose coccidiosis or worms, or you can give Corid in the water if you see more. Valbazen is a good wormer if needed. Post any pictures of blood in droppings.

Post any pictures of blood in droppings.
Here is a picture
71BD3B31-9C86-4826-8171-29B44586D0B2.jpeg

Can you get some of the poop on a white paper towel? Hard to see.

What do you feed?
Where are you located in the world?
You mention she walks backward...is her crop emptying, do you notice if she's got pin feathers coming in?

A video of actions and of the sneezing may be helpful - upload to youtube and provide a link.

Can you get some of the poop on a white paper towel? Hard to see.

What do you feed?
Where are you located in the world?
You mention she walks backward...is her crop emptying, do you notice if she's got pin feathers coming in?

A video of actions and of the sneezing may be helpful - upload to youtube and provide a link.
The dropping has already dried and I live in Australia. I feed them grower feed, I don’t think her crop is emptying and I can’t see any pin feather. I’ll try and take a video

Back
Top Bottom