My Pvc Chicken Coop Project

Yes, thanks, :yiipchickit has really worked out well for me.
love.gif

Quote:

Well, peeps:celebrate. We had a pretty good storm the other evening. Strong wind gusts, chicken coop stayed put.
thumbsup.gif
I had even hooked it up to the lawnmower and moved it back about 30 feet:ya. No problemos!!! Thanks for all the feedback.
wee.gif
Really enjoy this site.
jumpy.gif
HAPPY HATCHIN!!!!!!

Good Morning Peeps! I have another idea in mind.
ya.gif
I think i will build another pvc coop. This one will be only about 2 feet high or so,app. 5'x 10' square, covered all around with 2 inch poultry wire. and used strictly to let the girls out during the day, and only when i am home all day.
thumbsup.gif
This would really be easy to move around, instead of hooking my big pen up:celebrate. Cause electricity for the predator wire only goes so far.
he.gif
I would just have to provide them with shade and water.
love.gif
D.gif
I figured the 2" poultry wire all around will provide enough protection, because I will be home to watch over them, and by putting the wire on the bottom, it will nestle in the grass and the chickens can still peck around and do what they want.
wee.gif
I will herd them out of the main door of the big coop into the little moveable pen and vice versa in the evening.
wee.gif
What ya think about them apples?
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I will post pics when I have it up and going.

Just to let everyone know, My PVC chicken coop is holding up nicely. Now I can let the chickens out and they free range all day and come back to roost in the evenings. Love It.
Quote:

Just wondering if there are any modifications you have done (or would like to) on your original project. (Which looks amazing!) Thanks!

Hi, thanks for taking the time to look at my coop. I have had it up for awhile now, and have moved it around several times using my lawnmower. It is very wind resistant and seems to be holding up really well. I have used it to put Easter rabbits along with a new puppy and of course the chickens. I will take some pics of the nest boxes I have in there soon. If you have any questions just ask. I also have built a yard around it so the chickens can get out into the grass. I used deer net fencing for that with some little green t posts. I can take it down roll it up and move it wherever I need it.

JUst to let ya'll know the pvc coop has held up very well. It takes stress form wind and rain well also. I have had no problems. I built another one for my peacocks and pheasants and made a "run" using bird netting and you guessed it, pvc pipe.

Back
Top Bottom